Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment for Hair and Skin – Here’s Everything You Should Know
Platelet rich plasma or PRP is produced from your own blood. These platelets have wonderful growth and rejuvenation properties that can handle different skin and hair problems. This guide is curated to take you through everything that you need to know about this treatment so that you know what to expect from in return.
By now, you know what PRP is. So, let’s begin with the most basic question – how is it made?
Well, the trained doctors at reputable clinics like Clinique draw your blood normally. That blood then grows through a procedure known as centrifugation where the platelets are separated from the other blood components. And that’s how it’s made.
That said, once the platelets are obtained, they are injected in your scalp and/or face to kickstart the process of regeneration. The different benefits of this treatment have been individually explained below. Have a look!
- PRP Treatment for Skin
The Clinique Anti Aging PRP restoration technique is extremely safe. Once the platelets enter the targeted area, they start increasing the formation of collagen. Collagen, then, starts producing young skin cells to replace the wrinkled old ones. Also, it starts changing the gene expression of wrinkled old cells so that wrinkles and fine lines start diminishing automatically as a result of skin tightening.
A few interesting factors related to this treatment are as follows.
- It visibly reduces the appearance of scars.
- It removes pimple marks and black spots.
- It can easily heal wounds.
- PRP Treatment for Hair
PRP hair restoration works much the same way as PRP skin restoration. Platelets are injected in the areas where hair thinning is the most. Eventually, over a period of about 4 sittings, each spaced 1 month apart, you’ll start noticing hair growth in the treated areas.
That said, here are a few things about PRP hair restoration that you must know.
- This technique is used to trigger the existing hair follicles to grow. Which means, it cannot produce new hair follicles. Which is why this treatment will not offer results if you’re already bald. It can save hair follicles from withering. Which is why it’s advised that you start the treatment while you still have hair. Waiting until the hair follicles die and you grow bald is not an option if you want this treatment to be effective.
- The results will not magically show overnight. It will take a couple of months before you’ll start seeing hair growth.
That said, one of the things about PRP is that it requires regular follow up maintenance sessions for the results to not dissipate. Which is why you must consult experienced dermatologists and doctors at reputable clinics like Clinique where you’ll be provided with all the necessary information before you can make up your mind.